Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking
Recognised as a leader in its field, Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking is a cluster of specialist investment banking teams operating within Nedbank Group. It provides seamless, specialist advice, debt and equity raising and execution, and trading capabilities to clients in all major South African business sectors. Clients include the top 200 domestic corporates, parastatals, financial institutions, multinational corporates as well as major infrastructure and mining projects in Africa. It is based at the Group’s head office in Sandton, Johannesburg, with large operational centres in Durban and Cape Town, as well as offices in London, Namibia, Angola, Ghana and Kenya.
Nedbank CIB’s Corporate Finance team comprises skilled professionals from diverse backgrounds, including accounting, law, engineering, consulting, and research. The team provides innovative advisory services for mergers and acquisitions, BEE transactions, capital raising (equity and debt), valuations, listings and delistings, corporate restructurings, and privatisations.Nedbank CIB has consistently been ranked in the top three advisors in South Africa, advising South African and multinational corporations, and government institutions in South Africa and the rest of Africa.
• underwriting, arranging and/or advising on a primary listing of securities;
• advising on capital raisings by way of rights offers, public offers, private placements and preferential share offers;
• advising corporates on Black Economic Empowerment structures;
• advising on mergers and acquisitions;
• advising on corporate restructurings through minority buyouts, management buyouts, unbundling or further acquisitions;
• advising governments on privatisations; and
• acting as a corporate sponsor to listed institutions.
Articles Published in DealMakers and DealMakers AFRICA (DMA)
by Tasmika Ramlakan
by Zondi Nduli and Greg Rowan
Demergers and unbundlings can add real value to shareholders by Zondi Nduli and Greg Rowan
Crystallising value in B-BEE deals by Zondi Nduli and Greg Rowan